Money and Kids - Ignorance & Stupidity is Evil!

Making money is not evil - Ignorance & Stupidity is Evil!

Making money is not evil - ignorance and stupidity is evil. In every economic
hard time people want to figure out ways to making money and more of it. The problem is that many of us are just plain stupid when it comes to making money and especially spending money. That's right - I said "Stupid".

" Why do some people work less, earn more, pay less in taxes, and feel more financially secure than others? It is simply a matter of knowing which quadrant to work from and when. It's time to get out of the rat race. "
Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad Poor Dad. , by Robert T. Kiyosaki

Why are we Stupid, because we are.
I thought I was ignorant when it came to making money, investing and business.
I just realized that I am just "Stupid". And I'm sure I am not alone [ not with
such a large poor and low income middle class we have in America ].

WE are stupid when it comes to making money

I was reading the book and it hit me like a ton of bricks - how stupid I've
been about making money and how I spend and manage my money. Like all
Americans who are tight on cash - I gripe, complain and blame the rich for my
woes. But the fact is - my troubles are of my own design, my own work. I have
put myself in this financial turmoil, not my wife, not my kids, not the
government, or the rich - just stupid old me.

money and kidsAs I read the book I can see how I've spent years doing myself financial harm
as I tried to satisfy a moment of gratification. In many cases - that one
moment of satisfaction cost me years of financial set back.

I've been teaching my kids about money.. so I've been looking at my life first and the mistakes I've made. I'm working on changing things - but my kids can't wait five or ten years while I straighten myself out. So I have to teach them about money today, while their still young and have time.

I look back at my life and realize that I've wasted my life - literally. I've worked 60 - 80 hour weeks at a job only to turn around and use that hard earned money on wasteful things.

Think about it:
* did I really need a motor Bike?
[ I ride once a month and paid over $10,00 dollars on that loan ]

* Did I really need to take that trip to NY when I first got married?
[ It cost me $700 dollars and I ended up paying an extra $500 dollars in credit
and overdraft fees - for a two day stay in NY]

Making money only to stupidly give it away

One of the realizations I've come to is that I've worked very hard at making money, but I've been foolishly - no stupidly giving that hard earn money away.

Think about what the book says - figuring out where you make your money so you can know where you stand. Well, like most Americans I work a job - so I am a “E” [ employee…] So before I get paid my uncle - uncle Sam takes his cut. Then every time I buy something I pay a tax. Some people pay on things they no longer own - like my brother in law… he is still paying for a car he no longer even owns. When it’s all said and done I am always paying out…

The only way to get ahead is to move from just being an employee to being a business owner. Yes I know - first thought was…
“What the hell kind of business can I start?
“Where can I get money to start a business?”
“I can’t afford to start a business?”

Then I saw a friend of mine open a lawn mowing business… something I thought of doing for years but always had an excuse why I couldn’t. And he did it with little or no money, with help from friends and one job at a time. After reading the book, I realized how stupid I’ve been. So scared to do something never realizing it was costing me more by doing nothing. Too scared to take a risk, and now I see twenty years later… the risk was in waiting till now to actually do something.

money and kidaI use to do what most parents do - tell my child to study hard, get good grades so she could get a good job. But look what a job has done for me. Look what just having a job has done to the millions who lost their jobs in the real estate and bank crisis… Even when times were tough economically - I watched as many of my friends struggled to keep their business afloat. I had one friend who closed up shop - and that was because he simply gave up. The rest, they buckled down, cut cost, did more with their business and now that the economy is better - their doing better. Some even were able to expand. Me, sadly enough - I simply just still have a job.

I have to teach my kids to think different. Look for more than just getting a job - but rather creating something that will make them money. Call it a business, a system, what ever you want. Just be a business owner….don’t own a job, or worst - be a slave to a job.



1 comment :

adrin said...

Hi....nice blog....article is great!

Work from home

Post a Comment